Friday, April 22, 2011

Sweet harvest again!

It's harvest time. My brother and I worked really hard together getting all these coconuts down from our coconut trees. We have very fresh coconut drink started on Monday and will last at least for another two consecutive weeks. I am giving away some to my students too...

I find opening a coconut to be much easier now. We all know by now that we must bring down the coconuts on time and only when they are still young. It took me about 2 to 3 minutes to do so....

I find inspiration to do so from my students' maid....but still haven't acquire the full skill yet!
Yes, I am still trying.....I bet you would be amazed after watching this video!

OK, I got to sleep now. Let me visit some of you later in a few days. Take care and have a pleasant weekends friends and readers!

3 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

How interesting. Our coconuts here are all brown with furry outsides!
Never seen smooth ones before or green ones.

Barbara/myth maker said...

It sounds like you open the coconut quickly... I'm sure that took a long time to really learn. Enjoy the milk... I love it.

Unknown said...

Coconut juice over shaved ice - yummmm..